I first tried this recipe back in Germany when the weather had been absolutely glorious after too many cloudy days and I needed an excuse to celebrate my jolly mood.
After stumbling upon these irresistible chocolate chips banana muffins on instagram I immediately knew I had to make them. Cut to me rushing home at the end of a long day and giving them a go. Now this is all I have to say about them: they are so easy and quick to make, and they turn out so moist and delicious. It’s quickly turned out to be one of my favourite recipes.
The recipe is originally vegan, but since I didn’t have most of the vegan ingredients, I went full dairy for this version and the result was spectacular. I wonder what the vegan one tastes like, since I don’t usually eat vegan pastries, but I assume it’s equally delicious. I didn’t change the quantities for the non-vegan version, and next time I make these I’ll try and honour the original and compare the taste. Although I’m not vegan, most of my daily diet consists of plants and vegetables and I eat very little meat. What really holds me hostage to this non-vegan lifestyle? Butter. I love butter. I cannot imagine cooking – or baking or living – without butter! And milk. And eggs. And cheese.
Ugh I’m hopeless. Please don’t give up on me.
PS: I made a quick little instagram story showing how to make them and you can watch it below!
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (or more) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, sugar, milk and egg and stir well to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder and stir well to form a thick batter. Add the chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin papers. Scoop the batter to fill each cup (you should have enough for 12 muffins).
- Bake for 22-24 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before removing from muffin tin
Yay! You’re done.