I guess not too long ago most people were able to live blissfuly unaware of things that existed outside their local marketplace, but this is the Information Age and ignorance is a luxury we can no longer afford. Now things like phone apps that bring you food to your doorsteps within minutes have turned us all into slightly spoiled people, and we can’t ignore all the unnecessary things out there that we suddenly, desperately need.
Now I can go from being a minimalist and an under-buyer to a desperate consumerist version of myself in a matter of seconds. All it takes is a quick, innocent online browsing and voilà..
Here are five things I didn’t know I needed, but have suddenly decided I must have:
- Tongue Scrapper – not just any tongue scraper, a stainless steel or copper tongue scraper. It turns out these little guys are actually essential to your overall health. phew, easy to justify this one!
- Water Flosser – this is a bit more of an investment as they can get quite pricey, but supposedly they make flossing more fun, more effective and easier. As you can see it didn’t take much to convince me.
- Silk Pillowcase – sounds extravagant doesn’t it? Well, it is! But hear me out, you know those cotton pillowcases you got? Well, they create friction against your hair and cause breakage, and that friction can even lead to wrinkles over time! The solution? Silky pillowcases that have much more slip than traditional bedding textiles and contribute to healthier hair and skin. Sold!
- Oil Diffuser – “According to scientific studies, essential oils have the ability to interact with the brain and the nervous system to impact mood and health. One of the easiest (and most pleasant) ways to achieve these benefits is through aromatherapy where these concentrated oils are breathed in, allowing them to stimulate the olfactory system in the brain”. Need I say more?
- Menstrual Cup – The only item on the list that I’ve actually managed to get at this point, and it has. changed. my. life. I talk more about it in this post.
What about you? What things have you recently found that you actually need? I’d love to know since I obviously need more ideas to add to my list.