I just love simple, delicious dinners that you can throw together in less than 30 minutes. Even if I’ve had a long day and don’t want to overthink a meal, I still like to take the time to prepare something myself instead of getting takeout. This super quick and easy lemony pea pasta is a great example.
You don’t need to have a lot of ingredients around to make a nice dinner. If you have pasta, lemon, parmesan cheese, and garlic at home, you can try so many wonderful and uncomplicated variations of the same dish idea. This one came together in about 20 minutes, which is not bad at all. Also, having frozen peas at hand can be a life saver. Just toss some in your pasta sauce, add it to your fried rice, and bam, a quick way to elevate a dish! Here’s the recipe.
Easy Lemony Pea Pasta
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs
- 200 g pasta of your choice
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a splash of olive oil until soft and translucent. Add the peas and lemon zest.
- Pour in the cream and allow to simmer for a few minutes until the sauce coats the back of a spoon easily. Add lemon juice and season to taste.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about a quarter cup of cooking water. Add the pasta to the sauce and mix in the Parmesan.
- Pour in some of the reserved cooking water and stir to coat the pasta in the sauce. Add more cooking water if necessary. You want the pasta to be creamy and glossy.
- Serve with extra grated Parmesan cheese and lemon for squeezing. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and crushed red peppers.