Gretchen Rubin says you should act the way you want to feel. You see, all my life I’ve been doing it all wrong, because I’ve always acted the way I felt. Lately my emotions have been all over the place, and I’m the kind of person who tends to embrace all those feelings in a very dramatic fashion, it’s quite ridiculous actually, but hey I’m a human and I [over] feel things!
But acting the way you want to feel is surprisingly effective. It sounds counterintuitive and hard, but it’s actually not that bad. Actions do influence feelings and I’ve been experimenting with that. Like when I feel inpatient or annoyed with someone/ something I smile first and start acting nice. And then, for the most part, I forget I was annoyed.
Here are 10 things I do to make myself happier:
- Write on my journal – all my dreams and hopes and manifestations
- Put some music on (Sia’s tunes are always empowering)
- Take a walk to clear my head
- Do a quick yoga routine
- Make myself a hot cup of coffee
- Listen to a podcast
- Have some chocolate or any kind of dessert (come on, food always makes me happy)
- Plan a trip
- Make wish lists and to-do lists
- Call my sister (or any of my friends)
How about you? Do you have a similar list? I’d love to know what you do to make yourself happier. Let’s all be happier together!